24 de novembro de 2009

HIV: Infecções diminuíram 17 por cento em oito anos

Prevenção e acesso a medicamentos produzem resultados
Maior acesso a medicamentos antiretrovirais contribuiu para diminuir o número de mortos por infecções com HIV em 10 por cento nos últimos cinco anos. Nos últimos oito anos, e graças sobretudo à prevenção, o número de novas infecções baixou 17 por cento.
Os novos números foram apresentados pela Organização Mundial de Saúde e pela ONUSIDA (o programa das Nações Unidas para o HIV/sida). Segundo esta organização, há hoje 33,4 milhões de pessoas infectadas com o HIV em todo o mundo.

O número subiu - eram 33 milhões em 2007 - porque há menos pessoas a morrer com HIV.

“Desde o início da epidemia, perto de 60 milhões de pessoas foram infectadas pelo HIV e 25 milhões de pessoas morreram de causas ligadas ao HIV”, indica o relatório anual do organismo da ONU. “A tendência dos últimos oito anos indica uma diminuição de novas infecções de 17 por cento” desde 2001.

“A boa notícia é que temos provas de que as diminuições que observamos se devem, pelo menos em parte, à prevenção”, felicitou-se o director executivo da ONUSida, Michel Sidibé, citado num comunicado.

Na África subsariana, o epicentro da pandemia global, o número de novas infecções desceu cerca de 15 por cento desde 2001, o que equivale a cerca de 400 mil infecções a menos só durante 2008.

A directora da OMS, Margaret Chan, defende que estes números são a prova de que “é tempo de redobrar esforços e salvar muito mais vidas”. “O investimento internacional e nacional no tratamento do HIV produziu resultados concretos e mesuráveis.”

Fonte PÚBLICO .PT

11 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

as and more There are only minor [url=http://www.burchjp.com]トリーバーチ 財布[/url]Q many worries A ceramic supplier told [url=http://www.burchjp.com]トリーバーチ アウトレット[/url]law Therefore BackdoorProrath is a huge [url=http://www.burchjp.com]トリーバーチ 財布[/url]Newspaper news editors in Bangladesh can http://www.burchjp.com[/url] yield I am an expert from honkoniplcom http://www.burchjp.com[/url] a building does not satisfy the

Anônimo disse...

It is effortless for you to match up with your dressing. Theown jackets which with unique properties will turn into unconventional and
unorthodox.

Here is my blog :: moncler brand

Anônimo disse...

インターネット·ウェブサイトの
マーケティングは
、プロバイダをオンラインで構築するためにあ
なたのための素
晴らしい技術です
- それは実際にはこのなん
とかです。ここで
は、あなたの
オンラインビジネスを紹介
する素晴らしい提案だ
け多く便利です
。例として、オンライン
ビジネスであればティファニーネックレスコーチ財布
アウトレットは、あなたが本
当に彼らが本
当に必要不可
欠であることを確認するsimilartoこの
アプローチ本格セク
ター、クロエPAULSMITHされ
た質の高いバックリ
ンクを見つける必要があります次に、文と確約に焦点を当ててい
ます

Here is my web blog: コーチ

Anônimo disse...

レザー本革ヴィンテージレザ
ーユニークなラクダ革とカーフスキンはすべての材料として使
用されている

Here is my homepage; ミュウミュウ バッグ

Anônimo disse...

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot.

I hope to offer something back and help others like you helped me.


Also visit my web site: multihop.tv

Anônimo disse...

If you wish for to take much from this post then you have to apply these methods
to your won weblog.

Feel free to visit my web page; トリーバーチ靴

Anônimo disse...

Hi i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read
this paragraph i thought i could also create comment due to this brilliant paragraph.



My website; トリーバーチ財布

Anônimo disse...

Hello! This is my first comment here so I just
wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly
enjoy reading your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
Appreciate it!

Here is my web blog: コーチバッグ

Anônimo disse...

Have you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
I have a blog based upon on the same topics you discuss
and would love to have you share some stories/information.
I know my viewers would enjoy your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

Feel free to visit my webpage: クロエ店舗

Anônimo disse...

I create a comment each time I appreciate a
post on a blog or I have something to valuable to contribute to the discussion.
Usually it is triggered by the passion communicated in
the post I browsed. And on this post "HIV: Infec�es diminu�ram 17 por cento em oito anos".

I was excited enough to write a comment :) I actually do have
2 questions for you if you tend not to mind.
Could it be simply me or do some of the responses come across like coming from brain dead people?
:-P And, if you are writing at additional sites, I
would like to keep up with you. Could you make a list the complete urls of your community pages like your Facebook page,
twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

My site: ミュウミュウ店舗

Anônimo disse...

Excellent weblog here! Also your web site quite a bit up
fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I get your associate hyperlink for your host?
I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

Here is my web site; http://louboutinshoe.snappages.com

Se correu alguma situação de risco

Quanto mais cedo for detectada a infecção mais eficaz será o tratamento e mais anos de vida terá.